There is a great deal of controversy about the Ten Commandments in the news today. It seems people don’t want them posted in public places or read in our schools. Strenuous efforts in political and educational realms are being made to have them erased or removed.
Did you know that whether you have ever thought about them or not, or whatever your views of the Ten Commandments may be, that one day every single person (that includes you!), will have to face up to each one of them? Maybe you have heard about the Ten Commandments, but you have never actually read them. So before I go any further, here they are just as God gave them:
- Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image (no “idols” in our lives)
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness.
- Thou shalt not covet.